Sunday, January 27, 2008

Job Hunt

These last few days have been spent searching for a job. I am uncertain as to what to do, since I am only looking for a temporary position, however, I am a bit high maintenance (as Marie calls me) because I want to get a good-paying job. I am most certain I can get an OK paying position, but our lease is due for renewal within the next few months, and quite honestly I am tired of living in a place that does not belong to me. I would like to buy our first home, but without a job, that seems relatively impossible. Marie and I were driving back home on Saturday, and we came upon an open house. We were NOT searching for homes, but it looked really inviting, so we stopped and the realtor came over and said we were welcomed to look around. He showed us the property and we absolutely loved it. It is a little more than we could possibly need, but it could be a good investment property. The home has a FULL basement (which if you live in AZ, you know that is a very RARE find) which features an outstanding playroom, dance/work-out area, THREE bedrooms, one bath and one home office, in addition to the entertainment area, and fireplace. On the main level it also has a really spacious master bedroom, three more bedrooms and 2 baths. A nice (SMALL) kitchen, double fireplace, dinning area, breakfast nook and a formal living room. The backyard was somewhat small, but there was a large swimming pool (which is also quite nice in Scottsdale), and 3 car garage. Yeah, I know, big house for the two of us, but as I mentioned earlier, we could definitely close the basement and add an entrance to the basement and easily turn it into a duplex. Get a couple of roommates to share rent and we could be on our way to becoming homeowners!!
 

I guess I am raising my hopes up, but if I do a diligent research, I am sure we can somehow afford it. The first thing is finding a good job!
Please keep us in your prayers as this search continues...

5 comments:

New Mom said...

JAM, Nathan and I can rent your basement :} That house is gorgeous. If you guys get it, I am going to be so incredibly jealous! PS. I wanna know how much it costs, since I may be moving somewhere around there, I'd like to know. You have my e-mail :P

Marie said...

Well... let's just say it is almost a 7 digit figure. HOWEVER, nothing is impossible for God, right?... Not a bad idea having you guys there, but Marie says it is far from Collins College.
About 30 min or so.

Jonathan said...

that was supposed to be me

New Mom said...

Now don't go getting all "prosperity gospel" on me. Marie can tell you what I think about that ;P

Holly Trujillo said...

The place looks and sounds gorgeous, but that also sounds like a lot. Whatever you do, remember there is a huge difference between buying for yourself and buying for an investment and don't go thinking they are the same thing! Have you read Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki? I've read it several times now and if you haven't read it I think you would enjoy it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online